- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Digg (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
19 thoughts on “My Summer Writing Soundtrack”
What about this particular soundtrack do you think inspires your writing?
It’s funny I wrote up an explanation for that but the Spotify link refused to work if I posted it in the same field.
I like this playlist because it gives me a real noir vibe. These songs aren’t merely jazz. They’re dark jazz. These songs are perfect for writing horror, mystery, or slow burn thrillers. I seriously listen to this playlist at least once a day.
Oh neat! I’ll check it out then. I’ve been getting into writin horror recently and have been struggling to find a good soundtrack for it. However! There’s one on YouTube I’ve really been enjoying:
In the past I’ve listened to the Silent Hill soundtracks whenever I was writing horror. They’re also worth checking out too.
Oh that’s a good idea! I never thought of listening to a score, I’m not really sure why. Lol
Also the Twin Peaks score is great and anything by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross. Their score are ideal for horror writing.
It’s so silly, I keep looking for music and completely forgetting NIN! I only ever think of them when I’m driving or in some place where I can’t write down a reminder. I used to love them too!
NIN’s four disc instrumental album Ghosts is perfect for writing.
Awesome! I’ll see what I can do to hunt that down 🙂 I generally like instrumental stuff when I’m writing. I get too influenced or distracted when there’s lyrics
It’s on Spotify (probably Youtube too)
Sweet–I’m going to it right now
I’ve been listening to NIN while editing and it’s freaking perfect! Thanks for that!
You’re welcome 😉
I should make a playlist of the best NIN songs to write to.
Wow, that’s an interesting 3 hour ambient mix. I’ve scanned through it a bit.